Monday, November 14, 2011

The Glass Menagerie (Family Heirloom)

"Then all at one my sister touches my shoulder.  I turn around and look into her eyes."

These words make me think of my family and how important they are to me.  I love finding things that remind me of my family, old photos, things, furniture, being sorrounded by family heirlooms and memories.  I always have!  However, the I older I get and due to some of the changes I have had in my life, I really appreciate those memories....simple memories....good memories more than ever!  I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and have been thinking about family lately.   

Below...are some old family photos that I love!  They are of my brother and I riding our rocking horses, the only thing is that the photos were taken about 18 years apart, he is the younger one.  He always says that :). I luv my big bro!




Below...I have a collection of family photographs hanging on my wall.  I have photos of my dad as a kid, mom as a kid, aunts, uncles, my brother, cousins and a Navy photo of my dad. I don't think you can ever have enough photography of loved ones around your home.  I bought most of the frames at "Dollar" stores and thrift stores.  I repainted them to be mostly black to tie in the different shapes and styles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment