Friday, November 4, 2011

The Glass Menagerie

Tonight is my first blog!  I am going to be finding inspiration from literature and relating it to my artwork and trends in interior design.  My first blog finds inspiration from the words of Tennesse Williams in his book The Glass Menagerie. 


"The cities swept about me like dead leaves, leaves that were brightly colored but torn away at the branches." 




The photographs "Twiggies I and Twiggies II" find inspiration from those words.  I took the photos on one of my walks and you are seeing twigs, branches and ivy hanging from trees in front of the woods near my house.  They also look incredible as art pieces hanging on a wall! 

Below....I have my photographs in frames that I found at thrift stores, refinished and put my branch/tree inspired photographs in!




No comments:

Post a Comment